There are many devices which have received official and unofficial builds of Lineage OS 16 and now the Lenovo K5 Pro has joined the group. If you own the device, then you can easily Install Lineage OS 16 On Lenovo K5 Pro | Android 9.0 Pie (GSI). The device has received an unofficial Lineage OS 16 GSI ROM. There may be a few bugs present in this built and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Lineage OS 16 Pie ROM On Lenovo K5 Pro. Follow the guide to Update Lenovo K5 Pro to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16 unofficially.
Lineage OS which was previously known as Cyanogen MOD is one of the most popular and used Android Custom ROM. The ROM is very lightweight and fast. It also has a better battery life compared to the stock Firmware. The available Lineage OS version for the device is Lineage OS 16 which is based on Android 9 Pie hence it has all the features of Android 9 Pie.
GSI Stands for Generic system image. It is a system image close to “pure Android” based on unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. GSI ROMs can be installed on supported project treble enabled devices. Now there are many Android 9.0 Pie-based GSI ROM made available for project trebled devices. Lineage OS 16 Pie is now made available for various devices.
The new update added many important features like more network modes support to Flippable Quick Settings, Roadrunner mode, Multi-window, Daydream enhancements, 3D depth Phase Beam and many more.
As I mentioned it before the ROM is an unofficial build of Lineage OS 16 which is based on Android 9 Pie source code. We are like to thank rash64rus from 4Pda forum for the GSI ROM. As I have stated before this is a GSI Image file so you can flash it like an image file via TWRP. This ROM is only compatible with project treble supported devices.
Now the device has received the most popular Lineage OS 16 ROM which means users can now Download and Install Lenovo K5 Pro Android 9 Pie via Lineage OS 16
Lineage OS 16 On Lenovo K5 Pro Features | Android 9.0
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Lenovo K5 Pro.
How to Install Lineage OS 16 On Lenovo K5 Pro | Android 9.0 Pie (Unofficial – GSI)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Using ADB and fastboot
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now transfer the file (GSI system .img) to the ADB folder
- Connect your device to PC and boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Now Open command windows there or Windows power shell and issue the following command
"fastboot flash system <image name>.img"
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 16 ROM Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.