If you are interested you can follow the given guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Redmi 2 | Android 10 (wt88047). The much-awaited Lineage OS 17 ROM which is based on Android 10 has now been released by a developer. This is an unofficial build which is shared by nicknitewolf from Xda community.
Google has recently released the official Android 10 stable update to its Pixel devices and Many manufacturers have also been started releasing the Android 10 updates to their respective devices. Not only that many developers have also started working on Android 10 based Custom ROMs and some have even released the beta builds and alpha builds of various ROMs.
As I mentioned it before the available Lineage OS 17 ROM is in its development stage, so there may be few bugs present but we are sure that all the bugs will be fixed by the developer community in the coming weeks. If you want to know more about the Custom ROM please check the official Xda thread here.
Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Redmi 2 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Redmi 2.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Redmi 2 | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.