Samsung Galaxy S7becomes one of the first Galaxy device to get an unofficial build of Lineage OS 17. You can now install Lineage OS 17 On Samsung Galaxy S7 | Android 10 (herolte). The available ROM is an early unofficial build of Lineage OS 17 For Samsung Galaxy S7 based on Android 10. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 16 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member shubhambhise for the ROM.
The Lineage OS 17 for Samsung Galaxy S7 name is lineage-17.0-20191005-UNOFFICIAL-ham.zip. It is around 414MB in size. The ROM is based on Google’s latest Android 10 source code hence has all the features of Android 10. It is also a very clean and fast ROM which resembles the vanilla clean android like pexel devices.
The available ROM is in its initial development stage and there are some bugs currently present in this build. We have mentioned what’s working and what’s not down below. We recommend users not to install this build on their primary device. We are sure that the developer will fix all the present bugs in coming weeks.
- mali drivers
- USB tethering
- HW Backed Video Playback
- Ril (Mobile data, calls, SMS and stuff)
- Buttons and their backlight
- Wifi HotSpot
- 2D and 3D GPU acceleration
- HW encoding/decoding
- Charging with the device powered off
- HWcomposer (HWC)
- GPS (This can cause soft reboots so try to not enable it or allow permissions for it (Will fix soon))
- Software backed video playback (Google broke it on legacy devices, Will have it fixed properly soon, use an app like MX player that can force hw playback for unsupported files)
- Fingerprint sensor (Related to mobicore, WIll fix soon)
Lineage OS 17 On Samsung Galaxy S7 | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Samsung Galaxy S7.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Samsung Galaxy S7 | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.