Moto G 2015/Moto G3 Turbo is a pretty old smartphone and it runs on Android 5.1, however, unlikely as it may be, even a smartphone launched 6 years ago can run the latest Android 12 OS. Although Moto G 2015/Moto G3 Turbo is unlikely to bag the official Android 12 update, you can still run Android 12 on your device thanks to Lineage OS. Android 12-based Lineage OS 19.0 has unofficially launched for Moto G 2015/Moto G3 Turbo and it comes with a slew of exciting features and additions.
Lineage OS 19.0 is the newest member of the Lineage OS family. It is based on the latest Android 12 OS and it’ll not only come with all the features of Android 12 OS but it’ll also come with several other custom features and additions that aren’t available for stock firmware. Android 12 has officially arrived on the scene and it comes with numerous exciting features and enhancements, with the most significant addition being the “Material You” feature. This feature will enhance your way of personalizing the UI. You will now get the freedom to choose a custom color palette, new widgets, and a lot more.
If you’re not familiar with the Lineage OS, this guide will be of great help to you. In this guide, you will get to know all about Lineage OS 19.0, its benefits, its features, how you can download and install Lineage OS on Moto G 2015/Moto G3 Turbo, and more.
LineageOS 19.0 features – Android 12
LineageOS is essentially a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which has been designed to improve performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with some extra contributions from several hardworking people within the Android community. LineageOS can be used without any need to have Google apps installed.
Android 12 is the latest in the long list of exciting firmware releases from Google. Android 12 will be all about improved personalization and revamped user interface, bringing in a much more dynamic expression and an entirely new design element. Android 12 is the successor to the last-gen Android 11, which was heavily focused on the privacy and security of user data. The new Android 12 will not just focus on the privacy aspect but also on the visual side of things.
The Android-12 based LineageOS 19.0 will feature a wide range of features and enhancements including –
- New and colorful yet minimal widgets that are more dynamic than before
- Dynamic theme and expressive wallpapers as per your mood
- Lock screen looks and feels better
- Notification shade
- Volume controls
- Glance screen
- New power menu
- Smoother transitions and animations
- Impressive Privacy Dashboard feature
- Privacy indicator at the top of the screen
- Improved notifications
- Scrolling screenshot support
- Quick reply feature
- Easy Wi-Fi sharing
- On-device search feature
- Quick back-tap feature
- One-handed mode
- Haptic-coupled audio effect
- App hibernation
- Improved audio-rotate
- New emojis
- Android 12 updates via Google Play
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Also, enable the OEM Unlock from the Developer Options.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed to install Lineage OS 18.1 ROM (Android 11) on your device device.
- Make sure that you have installed TWRP recovery on your Android device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage that happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Lineage OS 19.0 for Moto G 2015/Moto G3 Turbo ROM || Xda Development Page Here || Developer: althafvly
Flashing Steps: Lineage OS 19 on Moto G 2015/Moto G3 Turbo – Android 12
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Ensure that the bootloader is unlocked.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery.
- Take a Nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the ROM which is just a .zip file
- Go to Install -> Install Zip > ROM File (.zip)
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your device and you will be booted into Lineage OS 19 ROM Based on Android 12. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.