If you are a Mi max 2 user and want to experience the latest Android 10 then we have a great news for you. Now you can Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Max 2 | Android 10 (oxygen) as the ROM is made available for the device. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 17 For Xiaomi Mi Max 2 based on Android 10. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery just like any other custom ROM. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member Scissor dragon boy for the ROM.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is a great mid-range device which comes equipped with a large 6.44-inch display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p. It is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 Octa Core 2.0GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 506 GPU coupled with 4 GB RAM and 32/64/128 GB ROM storage capacity.
It houses a non-removable 5300mAh Li-Ion battery. It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware. It sports a 12.0 MP rear camera and a 5.0 MP front camera. It also has Wi-Fi, a fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, GPS and Bluetooth v4.2.
Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Max 2 | Android 10 | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Max 2 | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.