Download and Install LineageOS 15 on Samsung Galaxy Note 5: The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was released in 2015, it is the first phone to introduce the concept of the phablet. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was launched with Android 5.1.1 lollipop later Samsung released Android Nougat. Samsung may not release latest updates to Samsung Galaxy Note 5. But thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to taste all new latest versions of Android. Now you can Install LineageOS 15 on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
As the popular CyanogenMod collapsed, developers from the same team started new Custom ROM LineageOS. LineageOS 14.1 is a huge Hit, it was installed over 1 million times in 170+ models. With Android 8.0 Oreo released last month the race to make the next customised OS has hit off. Google has always strived to make it every next release better than the previous.Follow the guide below to Update Galaxy Note 5 To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15
What is the other thing that happens in parallel with the release of a new Android version is the development of the Custom OS which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version? After LineageOS 14.1 LineageOS team now released new version LineageOS 15 based on Android 8.0 Oreo. LineageOS 15 loaded with all new Android 8.0 Oreo features which include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts and app notification badges. Follow the below guide to Install LineageOS 15 on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this Lineage OS 15 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and taste the latest Android 8.0 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install LineageOS 15 on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Table Of Contents
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15 (Link Removed and will be updated soon)
- Lineage os 15 For Supported devices
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to install LineageOS 15 on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into LineageOS 15.0 Based on Android Oreo 8.0. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram