More than two years ago, Xiaomi has released its one of the most popular budget category smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. It came with Android Nougat out of the box at the time of launching and then received Android 10 over MIUI 12 this year. However, some of the users don’t want to stick with the stock ROM due to fewer customizations or limited access over the apps. If you’re also one of them and want to flash a custom firmware then you should download and install the LineageOS 18 for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
A big thanks to SakilMondal, XDA Senior Member for sharing the firmware download link that’s compatible with the Redmi Note 5 Pro. Keep in mind that you will need a TWRP Custom Recovery or any other custom recovery in order to flash the Lineage OS 18 firmware on your handset. Additionally, you have to enable root access on your device as well in order to install the firmware. But there will be an additional benefit also.
That means you can use rooted apps on your device and fully control all of the system apps. Meanwhile, you’ll be also able to uninstall bloatware from your handset. Now, without wasting more time, let’s get into it.
LineageOS 18 Features
There is no doubt that Android is the most popular and most loved smartphone OS in the world. Due to the Open Source Project, Android OS customization and development become sky-high. While AOSP source code helps the developers to build Custom ROMs easily for each and every Android device model. This ensures the compatibility, stability of the ROM and its features as well for a particular device. Lineage OS 18 is one of the custom ROMs and one of the most popular ones also.
It’s also based on Google’s Android 11 source code with a high of features and customizations. LineageOS also offers less installed apps depending on which Gapps package you install with it. The ROM is fully based on the recently released Android 11 and offers plenty of additional features along with a bunch of system improvements. Let’s check out all the useful and highlighted features of Android 11 below.
- Scheduled Dark Mode
- Smart Reply & Smart Folders
- Improved App Suggestions
- Conversations Notification
- Built-in Screen Recording
- Pin Apps to Sharing Menu
- Improved Voice Access (Accessibility)
- Bluetooth Active in Airplane Mode
- Improved Privacy & Security Features
- A New Power Menu
- Redesigned Device Controls
- Redesigned Music Control
- One-Time App Permissions
- Permissions Auto-Reset
- Chat Bubbles
- Notification History
- Wireless Android Auto
- Google Play System Update (Security Patch)
- Talkback braille keyboard
- Improved Lookout Mode
- Improved Camera features (Bokeh Mode, Built-in HAL, and Camera2 API support)
- Enhanced Digital Wellbeing
- Improved Enterprise Mode
- Improved Autofill Keyboard Suggestions
- Nearby Share
- Scoped Storage
- Resume on Reboot
- Blocked Permissions
- Soft Reboot
- Background Location
- Improved Call Screening (Identify Spams)
- Picture-in-picture mode
- 5G detection API
- Hinge angle sensor support
- Ethernet tethering
- Gesture sensitivity
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Overview
The Redmi Note 5 Pro has a 5.99″ IPS LCD display, 1080×2160 pixels resolution, Snapdragon 636 SoC, Adreno 509 graphics, 4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB ROM, hybrid SIm slot, etc. While the handset packs a dual rear camera setup that includes a 12MP and a 5MP lens with PDAF, HDR, etc.
The front has a 20MP selfie camera with an LED flash. The device sports a 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5, GPS, A-GPS, IR Blaster, FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0, etc. It’s equipped with a bigger 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging and packs some of the sensors like a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data, VoLTE)
- Video Playback
What’s Not Working:
- SELinux Permissive
- Fingerprint Sensor (It only work for those who has FPC sensor, it is broken for Goodix users)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked.
- Your device should be rooted properly.
- Ensure that a custom recovery (TWRP) installed on your handset.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 18 on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Lineage OS 18 for Redmi Note 5 Pro (SakilMondal): Download Link | Android R Gapps
- Download GApps For Android 11 ROMs
Steps to Install LineageOS 18 on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now, transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Next, reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Then select Install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.
- Flash the GApps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the official Lineage OS 18 ROM on your Redmi Note 5 Pro based on Android 11. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.