Verizon has rolled out Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus (SM-G986U) October 2020 security patch update via OTA. If you own a Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus, you may have already received the October 2020 Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. If the update has not been on your device’s system update section, then just wait for few more days for the update to come, else you can manually download and flash the G986USQS1BTJ5 October 2020 Security Patch on the Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus using Odin by following our guide.
Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus October Security Patch update is picked up in the US
As we mentioned it above the update brings the latest security patch update which was released by Google in October Security. Most of the security vulnerabilities have been addressed. It also brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
- Device Name: Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus
- Model: SM-G986U
- Region: Verizon
- Android version: Android 10
- Build Number: G986USQS1BTJ5
- Android Security Patch Level: 1st October
- October 2020 Google Security patch
- Bug Fixes
- Security and Performance improvements
Steps to Install October 2020 Security Patch on Verizon Galaxy S20 Plus
Installation Guide (Manual Flashing using Odin)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On your Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note:Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining