Here we are sharing a detailed guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 7 Pro | Android 10 (guacamole) as the ROM is made available for the device. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 17 For OnePlus 7 Pro based on Android 10. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a OnePlus 7 Pro user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 7 Pro. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member PeterCxy for the ROM.
The OnePlus 7 Pro sports a 6.67-inches, 1440 x 3120 pixels, 90Hz, AMOLED display. The OnePlus 7 Edition has the most powerful CPU currently available in the market. It is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor. OnePlus has finally removed the headphone jack from its flagship device. It houses a 4000 mAh battery.
There is two variant of the device One with 6GB RAM and 128 GB of storage and the other is 8GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage. It sports a triple rear camera set up on the rear which is the first time for a OnePlus device. It sports a 48MP+16 MP +8 MP triple rear camera set up and a 16-megapixel front camera. The OnePlus 7 comes with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box.
OnePlus has already released a stable build of Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 for both OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro and many users have already updated their devices to the latest builds. But any of you want to try out the latest Lineage OS 17, you can do that by flashing the ROM on your device. This is still in a very early stage so don’t flash the ROM on your primary device. You can check what not working in the ROM down below.
- There *might* be some crashes here and there because it’s in a very early stage.
- This ROM is still using blobs from Android P, so it won’t work if you have flashed the latest OOS 10 builds.
- MTP (USB storage mode) doesn’t work
- OpenGapps crashes
Lineage OS 17 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 7 Pro.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 7 Pro | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram