If you want to root Oppo A9 2020, then we have awesome news for you guys. Here we are sharing a guide to Root Oppo A9 2020 With Magisk (No TWRP Required). Finally, the Oppo A9 2020 can be rooted with Magisk and you don’t even need to have a TWRP recovery installed on your device.. Currently, there is no TWRP recovery available for the devices, so it is the only way to Root Oppo A9 2020.
Rooting Oppo A9 2020 gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Oppo A9 2020, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
This method of rooting an Android device doesn’t require TWRP as it uses the patch boot image. This is really a great thing as there are many devices for which TWRP recovery or any other recovery is not available. For the new devices too, this is the only method to get root access.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo or 9.0 Pie) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage OS 15.1 or AOSP Pie. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
How To Root Oppo A9 2020 With Magisk Manager
#1 Unlock the bootloader
- First, unlock the bootloader of your device, guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
#2 Download stock boot image
Download the boot file according to your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you will see a file named boot.img (This is the official stock image or firmware)
#3 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#4 Finally, Root Oppo A9 2020
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file from your phone’s download section to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Now issue the following command to boot your device to bootloader mode (Make sure your device is connected to the PC)
adb reboot bootoader
- Now issue the command given below to Flash the patched boot image
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the below commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Note: If you have MediaTek powered device you can follow this guide to flash the patched boot.img > How to Install MediaTek Stock ROMs With SP Flash Tool (MTK Android Smartphones)
Done !!! Just reboot your device. Your device should be rooted now.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram