Download/Install OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2 which comes with October patch and KRACK Vulnerability Fix.OnePlus software development team is doing great work as they have now pushed another software update for OnePlus 2 after they released the official Android 8.0 Oreo beta update for OnePlus 3/3T.Now, this new update for OnePlus 2 is available for all OnePlus 2 users.
The new OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2 Update brings Google’s latest October Security patch and KRACK Vulnerability Fix.This is not a major update, just an Incremental update.The Update is available via OTA (Over-the-air) across the globe.If your device is not rooted then you may have already received the OTA Update.Go to settings > about phone > software update.
If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few more days as the updates roll in a phase-wise manner or just follow the guide to manually Update Oneplus 2 to OxygenOS 3.6.1 manually with below method.We have shared direct links to Download OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2 in the download section below
OxygenOS 3.6.1 Features and Changelogs
- Updated Android security patch level to October 2017
- Fixed WPA2 security issue
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 2 users.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Download OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2
- OxygenOS 3.6.1 Full ROM for OnePlus 2 – Download
- OxygenOS 3.6.1 OTA for OnePlus 2 – Coming Soon..
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus 2 | Android 8.0 Oreo
How to Install the OxygenOS 3.6.1 On OnePlus 2
For Non-Rooted users :
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings > Developer Option. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
3) Download the OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
4) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
5) Choose Install from ADB Sideload
6) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
7) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
8) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
9) Flash the Oxygen OS 3.6.1 on OnePlus 2 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
10) Now wait until the process completely and then Reboot the phone.Done!
1) Download OxygenOS 3.6.1 OTA zip file from above and save it on your internal phone memory.
2) Now Go to Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
3) Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
4) Now your device will reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA.
5) The installer will flash the OTA itself and reboot the device.Done!!!
For Rooted Users :
1) First Unlock your device bootloader and Install TWRP on your Device. Skip this step if already installed TWRP.
2) Reboot your device into Recovery mode and create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
3) Now wipe your cache files by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache and swipe to confirm it.
4) Now, Go to Install and locate the OOS 3.6.1 Full Rom Zip & swipe to Install the ROM file
6) Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
7) Done! Reboot System and Enjoy.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOS 3.6.1 for OnePlus 2 in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.