A new Custom ROM based on Android 9 Pie named Havoc OS has been released for Realme X. If you are interested in the ROM and want to install it on your device, then do read the article carefully.
Realme X has been getting many popular Custom ROMs like Lineage OS and Resurrection Remix. Now Havoc-OS 2.9-based On Android Pie 9.0 is also made available. The ROM is shared by chankruze who is a senior member at Xda. We are really thankful to his for the ROM.
The ROM is based on Android 9 Pie. The Filename is Havoc-OS-v2.9-20191010-RMX1901-Unofficial.zip and it is around 524 MB in size. It is for the Global variant of the Realme X. We are sharing the bug list below.
- Minor Fingerprint issues (If it doesn’t register on first-time format data from recovery. Register at least one finger 2 times).
- Bluetooth file receiving.
For more information about the ROM, please visit the official Xda thread here
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Havoc OS Pie ROM On your Moto
[note type=”important”]RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach[/note]
[note type=”note”]Other Famous Custom ROM For the Device: List of Best Custom ROM for Realme X [/note]
Steps To Install Havoc OS Pie ROM On Realme X | Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Zip -> select the ROM zip File
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Guide: How To Install Magisk To Gain Root (Latest)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Havoc OS ROM Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.