In this guide, you will learn How To Safely Root Remix OS.Here we will be using Ubuntu guide to get root access on Remix OS.It is a very simple, safe and easy process.So just follow the given steps carefully.
If you don’t know, Remix OS is not an emulator, it is a fully working OS running on the android lollipop.It is probably the most successful Android OS for computers having many features.Remix OS is the Mixture of android and ChromeOS.It offers Android a taskbar, start menu, and an excellent window management system.If you want to install Remix OS On your Windows PC / Laptop then Follow the Guide > How To Download & Install Remix OS 2.0 On Your PC or Laptop
Now there is another good news for all the Remix OS users.You guys now can root Remix OS via Ubuntu Guide.DroidTwe4kz, Senior Member over Xda posted an article on How to Root Remix OS using Ubuntu On Xda Forums.Our article is based on his Guide.
→Now You can Sideload the Whatsapp On Remix OS 2.0.Guide> How To Download & Install WhatsApp On Remix OS 2.0
→Now Install Play Sevices / Playstore On Remix OS.Guide > How To Install Google Play Store on Remix OS
There is an alternative available to Remix OS called Phoenix OS.Guide↓
Before following this guide, make sure you must install Ubuntu OS and Remix OS on your HDD not on Pendrive.
→ Now just follow the detailed step by step guide on How To Root Remix OS Using Ubuntu Guide
How To Root Remix OS Using Ubuntu Guide
Step By Step Guide
- First Download RemixRoot.zip From the download section
- Now extract the RemixRoot.Zip to Desktop
- Then Copy system.img from your pendrive or hdd wherever you have installed Remix Os to this folder (ie RemixRoot folder it should be alongside Readme.txt)
- Open Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T)
- Next, issue the following command
- Enter your password (If you are running in live cd then no password)
- Change directory to RemixRoot folder.Code:
- If everything goes right, next line of terminal will end with RemixRoot# followed by blinking cursor
- Now run rootx.sh script by typing
- If you do everything right, there won’t be any error message and you will get a root.img in your RemixRoot folder
- Rename it to system.img and copy to your pendrive/hdd replacing previous system.img
- Reboot and go to RemixOS and update SuperSU binaries
- Done!!! Now your Remix OS is fully rooted.
If you have any question related to this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.