Now If you want to gain root access on your Xiaomi Mi 11, then follow our guide given below. Nowadays root can easily be achieved with Magisk and patched boot image file. The best part of this method is users don’t need to have TWRP recovery. Currently, there is no TWRP recovery available for the devices, so it is the only way to Root Xiaomi Mi 11. The steps are easy to follow.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 comes equipped with a humongous 6.81-inches AMOLED Panel with 1440 x 3200 pixels screen resolution and 120 Hz high refresh rate panel. The device is driven by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm SoC coupled with 8GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB and 12GB + 256GB RAM and internal-storages.
On the rear, there is a triple camera setup going on which is consists of 108MP main primary sensor, a 13 MP ultrawide and a 5MP macro sensor. On the front, there is a 20MP ultra-wide camera. It runs on Xiaomi’s latest MIUI 12.5 on top of Android 11. It houses a 4,600mAh non-removable battery with support for 55W fast charging. The device has all the important sensors. It flaunts an under-display optical fingerprint sensor.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
Rooting Xiaomi Mi 11 gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Xiaomi Mi 11, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 11 With Magisk Manager
#1 Unlock the bootloader
- First, unlock the bootloader of your device, guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Mi 11
#2 Download stock boot image
- Download Stock boot image (Stock ROM)
#3 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#4 Finally, Root Xiaomi Mi 11
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file from your phone’s download section to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Now issue the following command to boot your device to bootloader mode (Make sure your device is connected to the PC)
adb reboot bootoader
- Now issue the command given below to Flash the patched boot image
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the below commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Done !!! Just reboot your device. Your device should be rooted now.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.