Us carrier Sprint has finally rolled out the May 2020 security patch update to Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U). The update brings the N960USQS4DTD5 build number.
This update is currently being rolled for Samsung Galaxy Note 9 devices in the US. If you are a Sprint Galaxy Note 9 user, you may have already received the May 2020 Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. If the update has not been on your device’s system update section, then just wait for few more days for the update to come.
Sprint Galaxy Note 9 May Security Patch update
As we mentioned it above the update brings the latest security patch update which was released by Google in May Security. Most of the security vulnerabilities have been addressed. It also brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
[su_box title=”Update Details” box_color=”#000000″ title_color=”#ffffff” radius=”2″]
- Device Name: Galaxy Note 9
- Model: SM-N960U
- Region: USA
- Android version: Android 10
- Build Number: N960UDXU6BTE2
- Android Security Patch Level: 1st May
- Device stability improvements bug fixes
- New and/or enhanced features
- Further improvement to performance
- May 2020 Security Patch
Manually check Sprint Galaxy Note 9 N960UDXU6BTE2 OTA update
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
[su_note note_color=”#dcedf1″ text_color=”#000000″ radius=”2″]
✔ Where and how to download N960UDXU6BTE2:
You can download any Galaxy firmware using Samfirm Tool, Guide: Download Latest Galaxy Firmware using SamFirm Tool
Using Frija Samsung Firmware Download Tool
Check sammobile website to get the latest firmware for your device
[su_note note_color=”#ffded9″ radius=”2″]
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
How To Install Sprint Galaxy Note 9 Firmware Update using Odin Flash Tool
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On your Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note:Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining