Download and Install Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S2 | Android 9.0 Pie (i9100): Finally, the Samsung Galaxy S2 has started getting the unofficial Lineage OS 16. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy S2 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 15.1 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Samsung Galaxy S2 user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S2. We are thankful to DerkLord for the ROM
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM. The ROM is not fully stable and we don’t recommend you using the ROM as your daily driver. There will be a few bugs present as it is in its alpha stage. This is the first release of this unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM For the Samsung Galaxy S2 so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Lineage OS 16 Marshmallow ROM On Samsung Galaxy S2. Update Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16
Lineage OS 16 is not officially released for any device right now, but unofficial builds are made available for many Android smartphones and many are being added on daily basis. You can check out our Lineage OS 16 download page which will be linked below. Lineage OS 16 is the next-gen Custom Os of Lineage OS 15. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie source code. The installation is very simple, you can flash the ROM via any Custom Recovery.
The Android 9.0 Pie is the latest version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 9.0 Pie, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy S2 based on Android 9.0 Pie will be packed with new Wallpaper Themes, Digital Wellbeing, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive battery, Gesture-based navigation, Slices and Adaptive brightness.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Specs:
Samsung Galaxy S2 was the most popular device of 2011. It has 2 GB of RAM and comes with Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU. It has a 4.3 inch HD display with gorilla glass corning 3. The device was the successor to the original Galaxy S which was released a year before.
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Digital Wellbeing – We start off with the feature that will be impacting the smartphone usage the most. Ever since smartphones became mainstream, this will be the first time Google will actually be introducing tools to learn about smartphone habits and will also help moderate parts that require attention.
The users will get to see the amount of time they are spending on apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive. App icons will turn grey when the user reaches the time limit.
- Adaptive battery – Just as the name suggests, this feature will learn the usage pattern of the user and it will help turn down battery consumption by restricting apps which are rarely used.
- Gesture-based navigation – This feature has become quite a necessity after the Android devices have taken to thin bezels and notched displays. The recent page can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom.
- Slices – This new feature will be providing app functions without actually having to enter them. In fact, whenever a user will search for a particular app, the search will prompt a few quick options related to that app which will make it really easier and quicker.
- Adaptive Brightness – This feature has got an upgrade where the device will remember the times you change the brightness of your device and adjust according to the time as well as brightness.
Above are some of the main features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 9.0 Pie) || All The Information
Lineage OS 16 is and will be available in 2 forms one is Official build which will be released the official Lineage OS team and the second one is unofficial builds which are being released by third-party developers.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S2.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy S2 | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.