If you are Asus Zenfone 4, user/owner, then this article is made for you.Today in this article we will show you How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Asus Zenfone 4, so basically unlocking bootloader is first steps towards awesomeness because unlocking bootloader helps us to install TWRP recovery and with the help of TWRP recovery we can Root our mobile using Supersu zip file. After rooting we can install lots of custom recoveries like CM, Remix etc and also rooting gives us the full control of the device. Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Asus ZenFone 4
In order to root your device, first you have unlocked the bootloader of the device, then you have to flash the recovery image via ADB &Fastboot command and then you can flash the SuperSu root file using TWRP recovery to Root Asus Zenfone 4.Don’t worry we will be sharing step by step guide to Install TWRP recovery and Root Asus Zenfone 4.
All the Asus devices come with unlockable bootloader which makes rooting the device possible.Rooting Asus ZenFone 4 gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Asus ZenFone 4, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
How To Root Any Android Mobile Without PC or Laptop [icon name=”play-circle-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]New Android 8.0 Oreo Related Updated Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the android 7.0 or 8.0) On old device by installing third party ROMs like Lineage OS 14.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery[/su_heading]
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Asus Zenfone 4 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed Motorola drivers on your PC
- Install ADB&Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
→ Full Guide to safely Unlock bootloader, Install TWRP recovery, and Root Asus Zenfone 4.
Bootloader Unlock Tool for Zenfone 4 ZE554KL – Download
Download Asus Unlock Tool apk – Download
Download TWRP for Zenfone 4 ZE554KL – Download
SuperSu for Zenfone 4 ZE554KL – Download
Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Asus ZenFone 4
How to Unlock Bootloader of Asus ZenFone 4
- First of all download the bootloader unlock tool from the download section and unzip and transfer it in any safe folder in your device.
- Now go to your mobile’s settings > developer option and then enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock to yes.
- Now you have to boot your device into bootloader mode in order to do so you have to press power button + volume up button simultaneously. ( Make sure you first switch off your device.)
- Now type the following command:
How to Install TWRP recovery and Root Asus Zefone 4
- Now download the TWRP recovery and put it inside the fast boot folder.Then follow this guide to Flash / Install TWRP recovery On Asus Zenfone 4 .
How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device [icon name=”play-circle-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
Note: Many users are reporting flashing SuperSu is causing Bootloop for now.TWRP is working fine.
- Now download the SuperSu root file and transfer it to the internal memory of your device by USB.Then just flash it via TWRPP recovery.
How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device [icon name=”play-circle-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
- Done!!! Your device is now rooted.
If you have any queries then please ask in the comment section.