Samsung has released a mid-range Samsung Galaxy A21s with One UI 2.0 (Android 10), Exynos 850 SoC, up to 6GB/64GB memory, quad rear cameras, a 5000mAh battery, a 15W fast charging support, and more. Now, the newly launched handset gets support for the bootloader unlocking and rooting as well. Thanks to the developers for continuously working hard in order to provide support for the huge device range. So, if you’re a Samsung Galaxy A21s user and want to install root in order to customize your handset then this guide is for you. Check out the steps on how to unlock bootloader and root Samsung Galaxy A21s.
If you’re using it and want to customize your handset, you will require to unlock the bootloader at first. Then either you can install a Custom Firmware on it or you can root as well. By using the Magisk, you can patch the Stock Firmware Boot Image file and flash the boot partition on your device. Make sure to take a full backup of the device because unlocking the bootloader method will delete all the internal data completely. It’s also worth mentioning that bootloader unlocking is the first and most important part prior to rooting your handset.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now, we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Samsung Galaxy A21s with Magisk
Here we’ve provided both the bootloader unlocking and rooting steps for the Galaxy devices. Just make sure to follow the steps properly for a successful process.
#1 Unlock the bootloader
- First, unlock the bootloader of your device, guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
#2 Download stock boot image
- Download Stock ROM > Download
Download the boot file according to your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you will see a file named boot.img (This is the official stock image or firmware)
#3 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#4 Finally, Root Galaxy A21s
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file to the internal storage of the device (ROM folder).
- Use 7Zip to archive the .img file to .tar file which is compatible with Odin Flash Tool.
- Now, you have to download and install the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC.
- Make sure to install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your computer also.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy A21s Lite into Download/Odin Mode with this similar guide.
- Connect your handset with the PC using a USB cable.
- When your device is connected, launch the ODIN tool.
- Next, load the magisk-patched.tar file in the AP section.
- Click on Options tab > select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- DO NOT select the Re-Partition.
- Finally, click on Start to initiate the rooting process on your device.
- Once done, your phone will restart automatically and will boot into the system.
- Congrats! Your device is now fully rooted.
If you’ve liked this guide, you can share it with others. If you have any quarries regarding this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.