Now you can Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 | Android 10 (chiron) as the ROM is made available for the device. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 17 For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 based on Android 10. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 16 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member wight554for the ROM.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 sports a 6.4-inch AMOLED display (2340 pixels by 1080 pixels). Like the previous OnePlus 6, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 has the most powerful CPU. It is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with 8 GB of RAM.
The device comes with 128 GB of internal storage. There are some rumours saying that there will be a 256 GB variant of the device. It carries the same dual rear camera setup from OnePlus 6. It sports a 16 +20 MP rear dual camera set up and a 16-megapixel front camera
- WFD aka Miracast aka *cast (requires platform changes from caf which aren’t available yet)
- No sane GApps yet (most packages are pretty broken)
- VoLTE can be broken for countries other than India
- There’s no customizations, just pure AOSP (to be clear)
- Stock Clock app has broken alarm (Use Google Clock or any other for now)
- Stock messaging app doesn’t have notifications (Use Google Messaging or QKSMS)
Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.