Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy S2 | Android 8.0 Oreo: The Samsung Galaxy S2 was the first major flagship device from Samsung and it was released back in 2011 with 1GB of RAM and 480p resolution display. The device was also one of the first to release with Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 and the last official update it received was to Android Jellybean 4.2. You can now install Android Oreo 8.0 on your Samsung Galaxy S2 with the help of Lineage OS 15 custom ROM.
Lineage OS 15 is a popular Android Custom ROM and the recent version is based on Android Oreo 8.0. Android Oreo 8.0 was officially released by Google last month. It comes with a lot of interesting features and behind the screen improvements. Some of the features of Android Oreo 8.0 include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts and app notification badges. Follow the guide given below to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.
The Lineage OS custom ROM is currently in the development phase and it is an unofficial build. So, some features might not work as you expect. Also, since the Samsung Galaxy S2 is really an old device with less processing power, the ROM might not work smoothly on your device. But, you can test this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 to experience the features of Android Oreo 8.0. Follow the below guide to Download Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy S2 | Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Samsung Galaxy S2> Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy S2 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the file from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded file to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.