Updated Sept. 18, 2017 – Download and Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Redmi 3/Pro | Android 8.0 Oreo: Xiaomi launched the Redmi 3 at the beginning of last year amidst huge expectation. The device was released with Android 5.0 Lollipop and it was later updated to Android Marshmallow 6.0. That was the last official update sent to the device but it has been receiving unofficial updates from Custom ROMs and the recent update to reach the Xiaomi Redmi 3 is the Android Oreo 8.0.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 gets this update via Lineage OS 15 which is a custom ROM running on the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0. Google launched the Android Oreo update last month with some interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. While Xiaomi has stopped sending the new software updates to the Xiaomi Redmi 3 you can follow the below guide to install Lineage OS 15 on your device to experience the latest version of Android. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
However, the Lineage OS 15 custom ROM is not an official version of Lineage OS and it is still in the initial stages of development. So, some features may not work as intended and you might also encounter some bugs and here and there. So it is advisable not to use this as a daily driver till an official build releases. But you can install it on your Xiaomi Redmi 3 for testing purposes without any issues. Update Redmi 3/Pro To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage Os 15.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Redmi 3/Pro.
- A complete Android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Redmi 3/Pro (ido) Download (Development Page)
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Redmi 3/Pro | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.