Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus 5: Unofficial Build of LineageOS 15 has made its way to OnePlus’s flagship OnePlus 5.OnePlus 5 has already received an Oreo Based AOSP ROM.This is really a great news for OnePlus 5 users.Follow the guide to Update OnePlus 5 to Android Oreo Via LineageOS 15.
OnePlus has released Official Android 8.0 Oreo beta update for some OnePlus 3 users which means the company may release an Android 8.0 beta update for OnePlus 5 in coming days.OnePlus has already confirmed that OnePlus 5 will get the official stable Android 8.0 Oreo update in coming months.Now thanks to Xda developers we have the unofficial Lineage OS 15 For OnePlus 5.
The Lineage OS 15 For OnePlus 5 is in its beta stage so there will be bugs present in the build, hence we recommend not to use this as a daily driver.Only if you want to test Android Oreo On your device, then follow the given guide to Install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus 5.Check Out Our Post > [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
OnePlus 5 LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
This ROM is only compatible with OnePlus 5. Do not try this on any other device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- LineageOS 15 ROM files for OnePlus 5: Download link
└ Download both the system.img and boot.img files from the link above.
- Download Gapps: Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps
Required TWRP recovery:
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for latest download link and changelog.
How to Install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus 5
Note: Install the ROM Via Fastboot method, not recovery.You need to install the ADB and Fastboot Drivers On your PC for that
Note 2: Make sure you flash this ROM over an encrypted OnePlus 5 only. By default, OnePlus 5 is encrypted on boot, and if you have never tried to decrypt it or disable the forced encryption feature, you’re good to go.
- Download the system.img and boot.img files from the ROM download link above and save it to a separate folder on your PC then download and transfer the Gapps zip file to your OnePlus 5.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Connect your device to the PC with a USB cable.
- Open the folder where you saved the system.img and boot.img files in Step 1 above on your PC. Now open a command prompt window inside the folder by doing a Shift + Right click on any empty white space inside the folder and then select Open command prompt window here or Open PowerShell window here from the context menu. Once command window is open, issue the following to boot your device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ You might get a prompt on your device to “Allow USB Debugging”, select Yes/Ok/Allow.
- Now Install the LineageOS 15 ROM On your OnePlus 5 by issuing the following commands (one-by-one) [In the bootloader Mode]
fastboot erase boot fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img
- After flashing the above files successfully, reboot straight to TWRP recovery mode from the bootloader menu
- Once in TWRP recovery, tap on Install and select the Gapps .zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 2.
- Once Gapps file is flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Reboot your smartphone.
If you want root access then follow the megisk method shared below