Download and Install LineageOS 15.0 On Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus | Android 8.0 Oreo: Now users can easily Update Mi 5s and Mi 5s plus to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an unofficial Lineage OS 15 ROM which is recently made available for the devices.Google released the latest Android 8.0 Oreo last month and developers have already started working on custom ROMs based On Android Oreo.
Xioami has not cleared whether these Mi 5s and Mi5s Plus will get the Official Android 8.0 Oreo update or not.But you can check out our post > List of Xiaomi Devices Getting Official Android Oreo Update (Mi/Redmi) | Android 8.0 for more information.But if you own any of the devices, you can install LineageOS 15.0 On Xiaomi Mi5s and Mi 5s Plus which is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s source code.
LineageOS is now the most used Custom ROM available for Android.It was previously known as CyanogenMod.LineageOS 15 comes with all the Android Oreo features with some extra customization options.The Unofficial Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus is now available for download and here we will be sharing a link to Download Lineage OS 15 For Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus.
Lineage OS 15 or CyanogenMod 15 (CM15) for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus is currently in its development stage so there may be few bugs present but the bugs will be fixed in coming days by the developers.You can check what is working and what is not down below.
What’s not working :
- SELinux is permissive
- This ROM is work on Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus only. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5s Capricorn – Download | Development Page
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5s Plus Natrium – Download | Development Page
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15.0 On Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the file from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded file to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.