Sept 30, 2017 – Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus One (bacon) | Android 8.0 Oreo: What is the other thing that happens in parallel with the release of a new Android version is the development of the customised OS which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. Having said this you will be reading a lot about LineageOS 15 in the coming months. As they have LineageOS 15.0 termed as the new custom OS for Android 8.0 that will now take over its predecessor CyanogenMod in this phase.Now users of OnePlus One can Download LineageOS 15.0 For OnePlus One | Android 8.0 Oreo
With Android 8.0 or Android O (Oreo) released last month the race to make the next customised OS has hit off. Google has always strived to make it every next release better than the previous. With the development of new Android 8.0, it is no different.Update OnePlus One to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an unofficial Lineage OS 15.0 ROM
LineageOS happens to be one of the front-runners in this. It is a free and open source operating system based on Android platform. It is the successor of CyanogenMod which was again a custom ROM designed by the same team of developers. The official launch of LineageOS 14.1 happened in December 2016. The source code is available on GitHub.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo.Follow the given guide to safely install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus One
Android Oreo For OnePlus One > How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On OnePlus One [AOSP ROM]
- Hardware keys Customization
- Link/Unlink Notification
- Allow user to add/remove QS with one click
- Enabled MTP by default
- Support recents task locking
- Wake up WiFi Automatically toggle
- Apps running in background notification disabled by default
- Enabled developer options by default
- Added Battery level animation
- Added Additional battery saver steps
- Removed not needed stuff from developer options
- Removed Misc/Overcounted battery stats
- Moved custom dp settings under Display
- Disabled lockscreen rotation
- Fast-charging Added
- Fixed google fit and google home Rebooting.
- HeadsUp Tile Added
- Sound Tile Added
- Caffeine Tile Added
- Reboot/Recovery Tile Added
- Screenshot Tile Added
- PiP Tile Added
LineageOS 14.1 team has confirmed over 1 million installations of the OS which is a milestone. They have covered the builds for over more than 160 models of phone. Similarly, the list of LineageOS 15.0 states to be available over 150 plus models as well.
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with.But there are much more.Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for latest download link and changelog.
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus One | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
LineageOS 15 too like its predecessors LineageOS 14.1 and LineageOS 13 would not have pre-installed GAPPs i.e. Google apps because of the copyright issue.