Sept 09, 2017 – Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus One (bacon) | Android 8.0 Oreo: What is the other thing that happens in parallel with the release of a new Android version is the development of the customised OS which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. Having said this you will be reading a lot about LineageOS 15 in the coming months. As they have LineageOS 15.0 termed as the new custom OS for Android 8.0 that will now take over its predecessor CyanogenMod in this phase.Now users of OnePlus One can Download LineageOS 15.0 For OnePlus One | Android 8.0 Oreo
With Android 8.0 or Android O (Oreo) released last month the race to make the next customised OS has hit off. Google has always strived to make it every next release better than the previous. With the development of new Android 8.0, it is no different.Update OnePlus One to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an unofficial Lineage OS 15.0 ROM
LineageOS happens to be one of the front-runners in this. It is a free and open source operating system based on Android platform. It is the successor of CyanogenMod which was again a custom ROM designed by the same team of developers. The official launch of LineageOS 14.1 happened in December 2016. The source code is available on GitHub.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo.Follow the given guide to safely install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus One
Android Oreo For OnePlus One > How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On OnePlus One [AOSP ROM]
LineageOS 14.1 team has confirmed over 1 million installations of the OS which is a milestone. They have covered the builds for over more than 160 models of phone. Similarly, the list of LineageOS 15.0 states to be available over 150 plus models as well.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for latest download link and changelog.
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to install Lineage OS 15 On OnePlus One | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
LineageOS 15 too like its predecessors LineageOS 14.1 and LineageOS 13 would not have pre-installed GAPPs i.e. Google apps because of the copyright issue.