Update Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 To Resurrection Remix Pie (Android 9.0 GSI) || RR 7.0: This is an unofficial GSI build available for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (codenamed X01BD, Model name: ZB630KL | ZB631KL). The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie source code. It is compatible with only project treble hardware. As Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 fully supports project treble, it can be flashed on the device. The Custom ROM is shared by mracar . If you want to know more about Resurrection Remix Android 9.0 Pie For Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2, just follow the Xda thread here. The available ROM file name is system-190120-arm64-aonly-vanilla-nosu.img.xz.
The Android 9.0 Pie is fairly a new version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 9.0 Pie, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Official Resurrection RemixExtended Pie on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 based on Android 9.0 Pie is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, AutoFill, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive Icons, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 3 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings. Follow the below step by step guide to install Resurrection Remix ROM on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (Android 9.0 Pie).
The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 was launched in December 2018. The device comes equipped with a 6.26-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2280 pixels. The device runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) out of the box. The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 is powered by Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) which is an octa-core processor clocked at 1.95GHz and it comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 200GB via a microSD card.
The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 sports a dual rear camera. The primary rear camera is 12-megapixel (f/1.8, 1.25-micron) and there is a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera. It also sports a 13-megapixel front camera. The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 houses a Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
About Resurrection Remix 9.0 Pie GSI
Table Of Contents
GSI Stands for Generic system image. It is a system image close to “pure Android” based on unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. GSI ROMs can be installed on supported project treble enabled devices. Now there are many Android 9.0 Pie based GSI ROM made available for project trebled devices. Resurrection Remix Pie is now made available for various devices. The new update added many important features like more network modes support to Flippable Quick Settings, Roadrunner mode, Multi-window, Daydream enhancements, 3D depth Phase Beam and many more.
Like all other Custom ROMs, Resurrection Remix is a based on AOSP source code. The latest Resurrection Remix Version is RR 7.0 and it is based on Google’s latest Android 9.0 Pie.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Download Resurrection Remix 9.0 (Xda Thread)
- Download GApps For Resurrection Remix 9.0 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk Android Pie | Android 9.0 (If you want root access)
How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 9.0 Pie on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install image -> select system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Using ADB and fastboot
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now transfer the file (GSI system .img) to the ADB folder
- Connect your device to PC and boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Now Open command windows there or Windows power shell and issue the following command
"fastboot flash system <image name>.img"
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Resurrection Remix Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram