Download and Install dotOS With Android Pie On OnePlus 6 (Android 9.0): If you have ever rooted your device, you will know all the benefits of it, but if you haven’t, we will be telling you all about rooting and its biggest benefit i.e. installing a custom ROM. Installing a custom ROM is easily one of the best features that are available on any Android smartphone. You can choose a custom ROM based on the source code of the latest firmware and install on your device. This will open up the doors to whole new possibilities where you can tinker with the settings, play with the interface, and customize the outlook of your phone according to your preferences.
The Oneplus 6 is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with 6 or 8GB RAM. It also has a 256GB storage option. This is the first OnePlus device to have a notch on top of the display. The CPU is clocked at 2.4GHz which is an octa-core processor (Snapdragon 845 SoC).
The OnePlus 6 features a 6.28-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display. OnePlus sports dual rear cameras, a combination of 20MP and 16MP sensors. Both the back camera has an aperture of 1.7. Thanks to this wide aperture, low light photos will come great. The OnePlus 6 runs Android 8.1(Oxygen OS) Oreo out of the box and houses a 3300mAh non-removable battery
Android is the most used and popular mobile operating system in the world. There are more thousands and thousands of manufacturers which are making Android devices. The popularity of Android OS is because of the freedom of customization it offers. Unlike iOS, everything on an Android device (software related) can easily be modified to match users taste.
Android users can root their device easily and can install TWRP or any other recovery. The rooting process on Android is easier compared to iOS. Once custom recovery is installed, users can flash Custom ROMs which are modified Android Operating systems developed by an Android developer or a group of developers. There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
| Note: The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie
- 0.1 What’s dotOS
- 0.2 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.3 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 0.4 Pre-Requirements
- 0.5 Disclaimer
- 1 Download dotOS With Android Pie
- 2 Steps To Install dotOS ROM On OnePlus 6 (Android 9.0 Pie)
dotOS a.k.a Droid On Time Operating System is a third-party ROM or Custom ROM available for various Android devices. It is one of the most popular Android ROMs. It is developed by dotOS team. Ganesh Varma and Kuber Sharma are two of the key developers. It is based on Vanilla Android look and feel with some extra customizations which you can’t find in the Pixel ROMs.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like EXTENDED or 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install DotOS Oreo On OnePlus 6.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download dotOS With Android Pie
- Download dotOS ROM // Xda Development Page
- Download Official GApps For Official dotOS ROM
- Download latest Magisk 18 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install dotOS ROM On OnePlus 6 (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.