Updated: Sept 11, 2017 – [LOS 15] Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto G3 Turbo | Android 8.0 Oreo: Moto G3 Turbo is the cousin of the Motorola’s budget Moto G series and it was launched on 2015. The device was launched with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop which was the latest version of Android back then and it was later upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow which was the last official update for the Moto G3 Turbo. But it has been getting Nougat updates via several custom ROMs and now the Android Oreo 8.0 update has also arrived for the Moto G3 Turbo.
Android Oreo 8.0 is the latest version of Android and it was released last month by Google. Moto G3 Turbo gets this Android Oreo 8.0 update via a custom ROM called Lineage OS 15. The ROM comes with the default Android Oreo features like picture in picture mode and lockscreen shortcuts along with a few additional customization options. Currently only the Moto G3 Turbo (merlin) variant supports this ROM. You can Update Moto G3 Turbo To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Unofficial Lineage OS 15
You can manually download and install the ROM on your Moto G3 Turbo right now, but you have to remember that it is still in the development stage. Also since it is not an official build, you might not receive updates often and there might be some bugs and force closes while using the ROM. But you can safely install it by following our instructions to experience the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 on your Moto G3 Turbo (Merlin). Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto G3 Turbo.
- This is Only for Moto G3 Turbo (Merlin).
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Lineage OS 15 for Moto G3 Turbo
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How to Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto G3 Turbo | Android 8.0 Oreo (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above links.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your Moto G5 Plus and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.