Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi Max | Android 8.0 Oreo: Xiaomi launched the Xioami Mi Max last year with a massive 4850 mAh battery and Snapdragon 650 processor. The device was a mid range variant from Xiaomi and it came with Android Marshmallow based on MIUI 8. While Xiaomi is expected to send out the official Android Nougat 7.0 update based on MIUI 9 to the Xiaomi Mi Max, the device has now received an unofficial update to the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 via Lineage OS 15.
Lineage OS 15 is a custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.0 and it comes with a lot of customization options and some interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. Google officially released the Android Oreo to the Google Pixel and the Nexus devices last month and If you want to experience it on your Xiaomi Mi Max, then you can follow the guide below to manually Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi Max. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM is based on the Android Open Source project and it supports both the Xiaomi Mi Max and the Mi Max Pro devices. The devices are codenamed Hydrogen and Helium respectively. Don’t install this ROM on any other variant as it might brick your device. The ROM is still in the initial development stage and some features may not work properly. But you can test it out without any issue. Just follow the below instructions to Update Mi Max To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage Os 15.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi Max and Mi Max Pro.
- A complete Android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Mi Max & Mi Max Pro > Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15 On Xiaomi Mi Max & Mi Max Pro | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.