This year Samsung has launched its Galaxy S10 series devices that include Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S10 Plus. Additionally, Samsung has also launched the Galaxy S10 5G. Here in this article, we will share with you the guide on How to Download and Install Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy S10e based on Android 10.
As the device comes with Exynos chipset for the global/international variant and the Snapdragon chipset for the USA/China region. Here we will share with you the Exynos (global) variant device.A huge thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer, Ivan_Meler, for developing the build for Galaxy S10e (codenamed: beyond0lte) and sharing.
Though it’s an unofficial Lineage OS Custom ROM and based on Android 10, you can generally use this ROM as a stable one. However, if you face any issues with this build, you can report the bug on the XDA thread by putting Logcat, /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg), /data/tombstones, dmesg data.
Lineage OS 17 for Galaxy S10 series Changelog:
- Added FOD icons for S10 and S10+
(This will show up any time system or app needs to use fingerprint sensor and will help users locate the sensor)
- Fixed detection of dual sim devices
- Misc performance and stability improvements
- Initial public release
What’s working and What’s Not Working:
– mali drivers
– USB tethering
– Video Playback
– Fingerprint Sensor
– Ril (Mobile data, calls, SMS, and stuff)
– Wifi HotSpot
– 2D and 3D GPU acceleration
– HW encoding/decoding
– Cameras (All of them)
– HWcomposer (HWC)
– Signal indicator
– Double-tap to wake
– Wireless PowerShare
– VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depend on Samsung’s framework
Lineage OS 17 On Samsung Galaxy S10e (Android 10) Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on the Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM.
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and you have a custom recovery installed like TWRP.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now, proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970X) Exynos.
- Lineage OS 17 for Samsung Galaxy S10e: Download Link (If the link is broken, check the XDA thread for more updates)
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 17 ROMs
Steps To Install Lineage OS 17 On Samsung Galaxy S10e (Android 10) – Unofficial
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Flash Multi-Disabler via TWRP.
- Next, format data, cache, dalvik, system as well.
- Now, extract the vendor image file from the ROM folder and flash it.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram