Now Android 9.0 Pie can be enjoyed on ZTE Nubia Z17 by installing Pixel Experience Pie ROM On ZTE Nubia Z17 (GSI): We all know that ZTE Nubia Z17 is not going to get the official Android Pie update as it is a very old device now so users have to install third-party custom ROMs to try Android 9.0 Pie on their device. Luckily the device has been getting great support from the developer’s community. We a great news for ZTE Nubia Z17 users. Now there is an unofficial but fully functional PixelExperienceP ROM available for the device. So if you own a ZTE Nubia Z17, then you can update it to Android 9.0 Pie.
ZTE Nubia Z17 was the flagship device of 2017 hence it has all the top end specifications and features for that time. It comes equipped with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It is powered by a 1.9GHz octa-core Snapdragon 835 processor and it comes with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. The Phone sports a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 16-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The ZTE Nubia Z17 runs Android 7.1.1 and is powered by a 3200mAh non-removable battery.
Now, the Android 9.0 Pie version can be installed on the smartphone via the Pixel Experience ROM which is a custom ROM that is very close to stock and it is based on AOSP. Talking about the Android 9.0 Pie update for Android, this version has been released by Google and the final stable update has been rolled out by Google to the Pixel devices as well as some newer project treble supported devices.
We would like to thank EnesSastim, Senior Member over Xda for developing and sharing the Android 9.0 Pie-based Pixel Experience ROM For ZTE Nubia Z17. According to the developer, the ROM is very stable and can be used as a daily driver. Now follow the guide to Install Pixel Experience Pie ROM On ZTE Nubia Z17 (Android 9.0). If you want more information about the ROM, then visit the Official Xda thread here
- VoLTE is not working
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/unlock-bootloader-android-using-fastboot-commands/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot[/su_button]
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Pixel Experience Pie ROM On your Moto
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pixel Experience Pie ROM
- Download Official GApps For Pixel Experience Pie ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk supports Android Pie | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Pixel Experience Pie ROM On ZTE Nubia Z17 | Android 9.0 Pie Update (GSI)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery (Version 3.2.1 or Higher) installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Pixel Experience ROM Based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.