The First build of Android 8.0 Oreo ASOP ROM developed for Xiaomi Devices.Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi 4 are the first Xioami devices to get the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM.
Official Android Oreo 8.0 has been released and a lot of people are eager to get the new update on their devices. Till now, only Google Pixel and Nexus devices have received this update. As the Android Oreo source code has been released, developers are free to start building their custom ROM’s. Because of a high number of user requests, Android Oreo 8.0 ROM has been released for Xiaomi Devices. Currently, only the Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4 codenamed cancro have received their ROM builds.
However, you need to take into account that this is the first build and some features may not work properly. This version of the ROM can’t be used as a daily driver.The most important features are:
- Phone boots quickly.
How to download and install the Android Oreo 8.0 update?
Check the download list below for the latest Android Oreo updates:
- Download Android Oreo ROM for Mi3 and Mi4.
- Download the latest TWRP.
- Gapps app for Android Oreo 8.0.
- Latest Magisk Manager.
Installation instructions : (Install Android 8.0 Oreo ASOP ROM developed for Xiaomi Devices)
- Unlock the Bootloader on your Xiaomi phone. Refer here.
- Flash the latest TWRP build on your device. Refer here.
- Download the ASOP ROM, Gapps, Magisk, from above links.
- Transfer these files to Xiaomi device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Take a full Nandroid backup.
- Wipe all the data and cache from recovery.
- Reboot into recovery, once the data has been wiped.
- After reboot, flash the ASOP ROM zip file.
- Flash Magisk zip file.
- Flash Gapps zip file.
- Then simply reboot the system.
The final reboot may take some time, but please be patient. That’s it. You have install the new Update for Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4 Devices.