When it comes to software updates, Samsung is one of the most trusted brands and the company continues to improve the rollout speed as we saw in recent months. Continuing its trend, the South Korean firm released the January 2022 security patch, even before we entered the month. The midrange Galaxy A51 was the first phone to grab the latest security patch.
According to Samsung, the January 2022 security patch includes 52 fixes from Google and 10 fixes from Samsung. The list of vulnerabilities getting patched with the latest security patch includes incorrect implementation of Knox Guard, improper handling of exceptional conditions in NPU driver, unprotected dynamic driver, and more.
Samsung has already released the January 2022 security patch to a couple of Galaxy phones and it will continue to add more devices to the list. You can manually check for new updates on your Galaxy phones by navigating to Settings >> Software Updates. Or, keep checking this page, as we will continuously update it with the latest information.
Samsung January 2021 security patch update tracker:
[Update: Jan 26, 2022]
[Update: Jan 25, 2022]
[Update: Jan 23, 2022]
- January 2022 Security Patch For Verizon Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G is live in USA
- Samsung Galaxy A22 4G picks up January 2022 security patch update
[Update: Jan 16, 2022]
[Update: Jan 15, 2022]
- Samsung Galaxy A01 officially starts receiving the January 2022 Security Update
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G officially receives the new January 2022 Security Update
[Update: Jan 14, 2022]
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 January 2022 security patch update is now live
- Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra got January 2022 security patch
[Update: Jan 13, 2022]
- Samsung Galaxy Fold starts receiving the January 2022 Security Update in Indonesia
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE gets January 2022 security patch update
[Update: Jan 12, 2022]
- Galaxy Note 10 series bags One UI 4.0 update in India with January 2022 security patch
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite becomes Samsung’s first tablet to receive the latest January 2022 Security Update
[Update: Jan 7, 2022]
[Update: Jan 6, 2022]
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite is picking up the Android 12 (One UI 4.0) major upgrade. The OTA update also includes the January 2022 security patch. It is currently rolling out in France with the firmware version N770FXXU8FUL7.
[Update: Dec 30, 2022]
The rollout of the January 2022 security patch has begun with the Galaxy A51. The new OTA update for Galaxy A51 is currently available in Russia and Malaysia, tagged with the firmware version A515FXXU5EUL3.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+, and Galaxy Note 10+ 5G have also joined the January 2022 security update party. It comes with the firmware version N97xFXXU7GULD for Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+, while Galaxy Note 10+ 5G is receiving it as N976BXXU7GULD.