Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On HTC One Max | Android 8.0 Oreo: The HTC One Max was launched four years back and it was very popular back then for its phablets like 5.9 inch display and a massive 3300 mAh battery. Sadly, the device was not much popular in terms of official software updates. The HTC One Max was released with Android JellyBean 4.3 and the last update it received was Android Lollipop 5.0. So, if you still own the device, you will not be receiving any more official updates from HTC.
Fortunately, the developer support for the HTC One Max is pretty good and thanks to custom ROMs, you can now install the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 on your device via Lineage OS 15. Lineage OS 15 is based on AOSP and it runs on Android Oreo 8.0, Google’s latest mobile operating system and is said to be the safest and fastest version of Android yet. It comes with several interesting features and updates. Some of the features include a picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts, app notification badges and more.You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
If you own the HTC One Max, then you can manually install the Lineage OS 15 right now on your device and test the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0. However, remember that this custom ROM is currently in the development phase and it is only the unofficial version. Therefore some features may not work properly as you expect them to but the ROM is stable enough to use on a daily basis. But if you want to test out Android Oreo 8.0 on your HTC One Max you can Download LineageOS 15.0 For HTC One Max and Install it
[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”760″ size=”16″ bg_color=”#095689″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]
Full Custom ROMs Collection: List Of Best Custom ROMs For HTC One Max (Oreo and Nougat)[/mks_pullquote]
- This guide is only for the HTC One Max.
- A complete Android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your drive.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for HTC One Max > Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On HTC One Max | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.