One of the best things about owning a OnePlus device is developer support. All the OnePlus devices are very famous among the developers and these phones get all the major ROMs. OnePlus 5T (dumpling) which is a 2 years old device now has received an unofficial Lineage OS 17 which is based on Android 10 mobile OS. This is not the only OnePlus device to get the update but all most all the major OnePlus devices have received the ROM including OnePlus 5.
We are not sure whether OnePlus 5T will get the official Android 10 update or not. OnePlus has recently released the Android 10 update to OnePlus 6 and 6T so it may take some weeks or months for OnePlus 5 and 5T to get the official Android 10 update. But if you are impatient and want to experience the Android 10 on your device, you can do that now by Installing Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 5T. We are thankful to codeworkx, Senior Recognized Developer for developing and sharing the ROM file.
Lineage OS 17 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 5.
- Lineage OS 17 for OnePlus 5 (dumpling): Download Link
Note: If you want to know more about the ROM, please visit the official Xda thread here
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 On OnePlus 5 | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.