Guide To Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6: OnePlus 6 has been released by the company and it’s new addition to the OnePlus smartphones that are extremely popular worldwide. The design of the smartphone is very similar that of iPhone X. All those users who are ready to buy the smartphone or planning to upgrade their existing OnePlus device to OnePlus 6, this article is for them. If you want to root your device and install a custom recovery so that you can install custom ROM and enhance the smartphone’s performance and features, the following guide will be of immense help.
Unlike the previous generation OnePlus device, the Oneplus 6 has an all-glass design. The device is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with 6 or 8GB RAM. It also has 256GB storage option. This is the first OnePlus device to have a notch on top of the display. The CPU is clocked at 2.4GHz which is octa-core processor (Snapdragon 845 SoC).
The OnePlus 6 comes equipped with a 6.28-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display. OnePlus sports dual rear cameras, a combination of 20MP and 16MP sensors. Both the back camera has an aperture of 1.7. Thanks to this wide aperture, low light photos will come great. The OnePlus 6 runs Android 8.1 (Oxygen OS) Oreo out of the box and houses a 3300mAh non-removable battery.
Rooting OnePlus 6 gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your OnePlus 6, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
Now here we come with a full working guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6 on Oreo. While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked TWRP For.
In this article, we will have a walkthrough and all necessary steps to how to install “TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6”. Recently. Rooting OnePlus 6 lets you attain privileged control over various Android hidden features. You can customize anything on your device. Rooting your device allows you to remove all the restrictions applied by the manufacturer. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.3 WARNING
- 0.4 PRE-REQUIREMENTS
- 1 How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked. If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of OnePlus 6.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
RootMyGalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely root OnePlus 6 and Install TWRP Recovery
How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
Steps To Unlock the Bootloader On OnePlus 6
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 6
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For OnePlus 6.
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 6.
Steps To Root OnePlus 6 on Oreo
#1 Using SuperSu To Root OnePlus 6
- Download the latest zip (Download)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk To Root OnePlus 6
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
That’s it. Your OnePlus 6 has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.
Note: image used in this post is a property of its respective owner.W e don’t own this