Updated Oct. 22, 2017 – Here we will be sharing a detailed guide to safely Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G5S Plus: Moto G5S Plus is the brand new device from Motorola and it is one of the first budget devices from the company to come with a dual camera setup. The phone was just launched with the latest version of Android Nougat 7.1.1 and you might expect the device to also receive the official update to the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0.
However, it might take at least a few more months for the Android Oreo update to reach the device. In the meantime, you can root your device and install custom ROMs on your Moto G5S plus to try out the latest versions of Android before the official release. However, you have to unlock your bootloader before you root your device and this might void your warranty.
So you have to be careful before you proceed to root your device as you might end up bricking your device or getting stuck in the bootloop. But don’t worry, you can follow our detailed guide below to install a custom Recovery like TWRP and root your Moto G5S Plus if you ever plan on installing custom ROMs or kernels on your device.Now follow the guide to root Moto G5S Plus and install TWRP recovery
If you want to root your device without Computer or Laptop you can try the guide linked below
Moto G5S Plus Related Posts
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Moto G5s Plus | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Moto G5s Plus Custom ROMs Collection | Android Nougat and Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- Important – Moto G5s/G5s Plus Bootloader must be unlocked.Guide linked below
Steps to Root And Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery
- Download the TWRP zip file
- Put the downloaded TWRP recovery file inside the ADB folder
- Rename the TWRP file as TWRP.img
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder. by holding the shift key on the keyboard and right mouse click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a CMD window
- Then boot your device into bootloader mode by executing the following command in CMD
adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the below command to flash the TWRP recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- To reboot your device in recovery mode, then execute the following command.
fastboot boot twrp.img
Steps to Root your device via TWRP
- Download the Magisk file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Select “Wipe” from the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select Magisk.zip that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your zip file is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
If you want to install Custom ROMs On your device, then check out the best Custom ROMs available for your phone.
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have queries let us know in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.