Follow this guide to Download/Install Lineage OS 15 For Xperia Z3 and Z3 Dual | Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Sony Xperia Z3: Howdy friends!! we have a great news for all Xperia Z3 users as the the unofficial build of Lineage OS 15 is now made available for the device which means users can Update Xperia Z3 to Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15 (Unofficial).So if you are a Xperia Z3 user, then follow the guide carefully.Previously the device has received the AOSP Custom ROM based On Android 7.1 Nougat
Sony Xperia Z3 was launched in September 2014.It was the Flagship smartphone of the company.The phone comes has a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.The device is powered by 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM.The phone has 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. The Sony Xperia Z3 sports an 20.7-megapixel primary camera and a 2.2-megapixel front camera for selfies.The Sony Xperia Z3 runs Android 4.4 and is powered by a 3100mAh non removable battery.
We like to thank XDA Senior member xkeita for developing and sharing this unofficial build of Lineage OS 15 for Xperia Z3 users.This custom ROM is based on latest Android 8.0 Oreo source code.We don’t recommend users to use this ROM as a daily driver as of now.The ROM is still in its initial development stage.We are sure in coming days all the bugs will be fixed by the developer.
If you are a Xperia Z3 user and are interested in this new update, you can easily download and install it. All that you need to do is fulfil some pre-requisites, complete few downloads, and then follow the guide mentioned below.Once the ROM is available we will update the post with active link and you can then download Lineage OS 15 For Xperia Z3
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM.Lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15 On Xperia Z3
Check Out Our Latest Post: [Status] Lineage OS 15.1/Android 8.1 Oreo For Xperia Z3[/mks_pullquote]
What is not working
- Video recording
- HW Encryption
- 60/120fps video recording
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- [FTF] Download Sony Xperia Z3 Stock ROMs/Firmware (All variants)
- Sony Xperia Z3 Android Custom ROMs Collection (Weekly Updated)
Lineage OS 15 Features | Android 8.0 Oreo Features
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xperia Z3.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download LineageOS 15 ROM for Xperia Z3 – Download (Development Page)
- Download LineageOS 15 ROM for Xperia Z3 Dual – Download (Development Page)
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xperia Z3 and Z3 Dual | Android 8.0 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15 For Xperia Z3 and Z3 Dual)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Images used in this posts are not owned by us and are the properties of respective persons
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.