Now users can Download and Install Lineage OS 16 On Nokia 6.1 Plus | Android 9.0 Pie (DRG_Sprout) as the ROM is made available for the device. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Nokia 6.1 Plus based on Android 9.0 Pie. Previously the device has received Lineage Os 15.1 ROM Too. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Nokia 6.1 Plus user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Nokia 6.1 Plus. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member Raghu varma for the ROM.
As I stated before, It is an unofficial ROM. There will be a few bugs present as it is in its alpha stage. This is the first release of this unofficial Lineage OS 16 ROM For the Nokia 6.1 Plus so there are few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed. Before flashing make sure to check the official Xda thread for issues. Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install Lineage OS 16 Pie ROM On Nokia 6.1 Plus. Update Nokia 6.1 Plus to Android 9 Pie Via Lineage OS 16
The Nokia 6.1 Plus is also known as Nokia X6 in China was released in August 2018. The device comes equipped with a 5.80-inch touchscreen display (1080 x 2280). The Nokia X6 is powered by a Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 SoC coupled with an Adreno 509 GPU which is paired with 4 GB (32/64GB storage variant), 6GB of RAM (64GB storage variant).
The storage can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The Nokia 6.1 Plus sports Dual camera (16MP + 5MP) on the rear and a 16-megapixel front camera. The Nokia 6.1 Plus 2018 runs Android 8.1 Oreo straight out of the box and houses a 3060mAh non-removable battery
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Nokia 6.1 Plus .
- Lineage OS 16 for Nokia 6.1 Plus || Xda Development Page
- Other Nokia 6.1 Plus Pie Based ROMs
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 16 ROMs
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Nokia 6.1 Plus | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram