Download and Install OxygenOS 5.1.2 for OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T (Full Rom + OTA): After releasing Oxygen OS 5.0.3 For OnePlus 3 and 3T, now OnePlus is coming out with the OxygenOS 5.1.2 for OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T. Although not a major update, the OxygenOS 5.1.2 is more stable now. The all-new OxygenOS 5.1.2 update comes with improved Face Unlock along with improvements to file manager, weather, launcher, and gallery apps. The update is rolling out in a few regions and will be available across the globe in a few days.
The new rolling out update, the OxygenOS 5.1.2 for OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T is also coming out with a lot of improvements and features. The main features of the update include some major bug fixes which were available in the previous build, improvements in camera, and improvements in other apps. Other than all these the latest Android security patch is also included in the update. If you want then follow the guide to Update OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T to OxygenOS 5.1.2 manually.
The update started to roll out as an Over the Air or OTA update and many users have already received it. If you are a OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T user and didn’t receive the update, you will probably receive it in the coming days. You also have an option to download and flash the update manually. The steps to follow to do a manual flash of the update on to your OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T will be explained in this article.
What’s new in OxygenOS 5.1.2 :
- Google’s Latest May 2018 Android Security Patches
- Fixed auto-rotation stability issue
- Places: a map view of photos by location
- Added “Recently Deleted” collection
- Fixed Wi-Fi connecting issue
- Double-tap to lock screen in the OnePlus launcher
- Fixed microphone not functioning issue for AKG earphones
- Best Custom ROMs For OnePlus 5T | Android Oreo (8.0/8.1) ROMs
- List Of Best Custom ROMs For OnePlus 5 (Android Oreo and Nougat)
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Download OxygenOS 5.1.2 for OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T (Full ROM + OTA)
Steps to install OxygenOS 5.1.2 On OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T
You can use two different methods to install the downloaded OxygenOS 5.1.2 update on your OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T manually. Both the methods are listed below, please read through to find out.
ADB and fastboot method
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T. Now follow the linked guide to Install the update with adb sideload.
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 5 / OnePlus 5T
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.