Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 12 firmware update to Redmi 8A in China, Russia and Europe. The update brings some cool new features and December 2020 security patch.
But thanks to the awesome community the Redmi 8A’s MIUI V220.127.116.11.QCP**XM ROM is made available for download for users, so anyone who wants to flash the ROM manually on Redmi 8A can do that. Here we will be sharing download links as well as manual flashing guide
You can manually check the software update on your device whether it’s available on your device or not. Head over to the device Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update. The update will be rolled out China in an incremental manner and it should take some time to appear on all the units.
[su_note note_color=”#e3ecf0″ radius=”2″]
MIUI 12 – December 2020 security patch Details
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2020. Increased system security.
- [System animations]
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- [Control center]
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
- [Dark mode]
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- [Status bar, Notification shade]
- Fix: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- Have a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens.
- Must-Have the bootloader unlocked.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
Download Redmi 8A MIUI 12 Stable ROM
Redmi 8 – Russia Stable V18.104.22.168.QCNRUXM
Redmi 8A – EEA Stable V22.214.171.124.QCPEUXM
Redmi 8A – China Stable V126.96.36.199.QCPCNXM
How To Install Redmi 8A MIUI 12 Stable ROM
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device
- Now follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually (follow the recovery ROM (zip) guide)
- Guide: Install Stock Firmware OTA Update Zip / Fastboot Files On Xiaomi Devices