Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 12 firmware update to Redmi 8A in China, Russia and Europe. The update brings some cool new features and December 2020 security patch.
But thanks to the awesome community the Redmi 8A’s MIUI V188.8.131.52.QCP**XM ROM is made available for download for users, so anyone who wants to flash the ROM manually on Redmi 8A can do that. Here we will be sharing download links as well as manual flashing guide
You can manually check the software update on your device whether it’s available on your device or not. Head over to the device Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update. The update will be rolled out China in an incremental manner and it should take some time to appear on all the units.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- Have a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens.
- Must-Have the bootloader unlocked.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
Download Redmi 8A MIUI 12 Stable ROM
Redmi 8 – Russia Stable V184.108.40.206.QCNRUXM
Redmi 8A – EEA Stable V220.127.116.11.QCPEUXM
Redmi 8A – China Stable V18.104.22.168.QCPCNXM
How To Install Redmi 8A MIUI 12 Stable ROM
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device
- Now follow the guide given below to install the ROM manually (follow the recovery ROM (zip) guide)
- Guide: Install Stock Firmware OTA Update Zip / Fastboot Files On Xiaomi Devices
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.