Step by Step Guide to Root Cubot Z100 and Install TWRP Recovery: Did you know that any rooted Android smartphone has the potential to be ten times more powerful than the same model’s unrooted version? It’s unbelievable, right? As unusual as it sounds, it is actually true. Rooting a device gives you an infinite number of options to tinker with the settings, change the menu and icons, improve the battery efficiency, and unlock features which were not present in the factory version. As outrageous as it sounds, rooting is actually very simple and easy. Today, in this post, we will be showing all Cubot Z100 users how they can easily root their device after installing TWRP Recovery. Today, we will help you get over the myth that rooting is an outrageously risky task which can only be performed by trained professionals and developers.
Cubot is a brand which has a huge fanbase all over Asia. Its Cubot Z100 comes packed with a 5.0-inch display screen with HD display of 1280x720p, a MediaTek MTK6735 64bit Quad Core 1.0GHz processor, 1 GB ROM, 16 GB internal storage capacity, and a Li-Ion 2450mAh battery. It comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box, and its other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a 13.0 MP rear camera, an 8.0 MP front camera, Dual SIM standby, Proximity sensor, GPS, and more.
If you are a Cubot Z100 user, then this post is like gold dust for you. Here, in this post, we will be giving you detailed information regarding what is rooting, how to root your device and more. We will also be giving you a step-by-step guide which will help you root your Cubot Z100 with ease.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.3 Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- 0.4 WARNING
- 0.5 PRE-REQUIREMENTS
- 1 Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Cubot Z100
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.
Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
• Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
• Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
• How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
• Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
• Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
• You can flash modding zip files
• It is being used to install Xposed Modules
• Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
• Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
• You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
• Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
• You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
• You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.This will void the warranty of your device.
• Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
• Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
• Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.
• Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
• Create a nandroid backup on your device > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
Full Guide to safely root Cubot Z100 and Install TWRP Recovery
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to ge your device rooted
Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Cubot Z100
Step 1: Install TWRP Recovery On Cubot Z100
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
• Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
• Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
• First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
• After that, you have to download the Download TWRP Recovery (Credit:jemmini) and transfer it to your Cubot Z100
• Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install TWRP recovery on your Cubot Z100. (Same as flashing the stock ROM)
Note: Find the Scatter File from the downloaded TWRP zip file, which you have downloaded. Rename the TWRP (.img) file to recovery.img. Now, on the flash tool interface, navigate and select the scatter file and At this stage, just leave the recovery as ticket/ checked. Now, at the location tab, click on the storage location field of the recovery and search and browse for the custom recovery image file which is device-specific
Step 2: Root Cubot Z100
#1 Using SuperSu To Root Cubot Z100
• Download the latest SuperSu zip (Download)
• Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk To Root Cubot Z100
• Download the latest Magisk
• Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
That’s it. Your Cubot Z100 has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.