Root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X and Install TWRP On Android Nougat 7.1.1: Rooting! Sounds like an outrageously difficult task to perform right? Amazingly, it is not so difficult if you know the correct steps. A rooted device has the potential to be 10 times more powerful than the same device when unrooted. Rooting is incredibly easy and can be performed by anyone be it a programmer, developer, or even a casual Android user. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss rooting and how any Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X user can easily root their device with the help of CF-Auto-Root on Android Nougat 7.1.1. Once you have rooted your device, you will have an array of features which will allow you to tinker with the settings, play with the interface, edit the menu and icons, get rid of the bloatware, unlock features which were otherwise hidden in the unrooted version, and more.
The Galaxy series is an incredibly popular series of Android smartphones as it has millions of users around the world. Time and time again it has released some exciting models such as Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which have continued to keep them on top. This device comes with a 6.3-inch display screen with a resolution of 2960x1440p, a 64-bit Exynos 9 Octa 8895 Octa Core processor, ARM Mali G71 MP20 GPU, 6 GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 3300mAh Lithium-Ion battery. It comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware, and its other features include a dual 12.2+12 MP primary camera, an 8.0 MP secondary camera, USB 3.1 Type-C connector, Bluetooth v5.0, and more.
If you happen to be a Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X user who is tired of looking for the perfect rooting guide, then your search ends here. In this post, we are going to make it incredibly easy for you to root your device. First, we are going to give you all the basic information regarding rooting such as what is rooting, what are its benefits, and more, after which we are going to give you an instruction manual to help you root your device.
The rooting process of Samsung devices is different from other OEMs.There are two ways to root Samsung devices 1) With TWRP 2) With CF Auto Root.First, users have to unlock the bootloader of the device, then TWRP installation should be done using Odin flash tool.Once Odin Flash Tool is installed, users can flash supersu or magisk to get root access on their devices.
This method is only for the latest generation of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X which comes with model number SM-J530Y.This method will work on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware version.Don’t try this method on other models of the device.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 2 Warning
- 3 Pre-Requisites
- 4 How To Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X On Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 7.0 Nougat) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.Follow the step by step careful to get your device rooted without any issues.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC. (check download section below)
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMySamsung Galaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
Some Popular Posts You May Like
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Install Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X USB Drivers.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X | Uploader: AndroidInfotech
How To Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X On Android 7.1.1 Nougat
If you want to root your device then you have to install TWRP via Odin then you can flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get root access.We recommend Magisk method
Installing TWRP On Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your device from the download section above (Download according to your model)
- Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery OnGalaxy Note 8 SM-N950X >
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu | Root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X (Not Tested)
- Download the latest zip (use the supersu from the download section)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk | Root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X (Recomended)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950X successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!
Note: Image used in this post is the property of its respective owner