The budget device from the Korean manufacturer the Us Unlocked Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505U1) has been updated with the latest January 2021 security patch update. The update comes with build version number A505U1UESACUA1.
If you are the US Unlocked Galaxy A50 user (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Tracfone, Bluegrass, and Nextech), you may have already received the January 2021 Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. If the update has not been on your device’s system update section, then just wait for few more days for the update to come, else you can manually download and flash the A505U1UESACUA1 January 2021 Security Patch on the US Unlocked Galaxy A50 using Odin by following our guide.
US Unlocked Galaxy A50 January Security Patch update has been picked up in the US
As we mentioned it above the update brings the latest security patch update which was released by Google in January Security. Most of the security vulnerabilities have been addressed. It also brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung US Unlocked Galaxy A50 which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
- Device Name: US Unlocked Galaxy A50
- Model: SM-A505U1
- Region: US Unlocked (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Tracfone, Bluegrass, and Nextech)
- Android version: Android 10
- Build Number: A505U1UESACUA1
- Android Security Patch Level: 1st January
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
- January 2021 Google Security patch
- Bug Fixes
- Security and Performance improvements
Steps to Install January 2021 Security Patch on US Unlocked Galaxy A50
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Installation Guide (Manual Flashing using Odin)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On your Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note:Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.