If you are interested you can now Install AOSP Android 10 Q Update On Asus Zenfone 6 (Asus 6Z) || (codename: I01WD). Previously the device has received many Android 9. Pie-based Custom ROM. Now the device got it’s first Android 10 Q based custom ROM. The AOSP ROM is shared by Xda developer OrdenKrieger, so we are really thankful to him.
This post is for those devices as we want to make sure everyone gets to use the update. Today, we will be sharing with you all about Android 10 Q and how you can easily download and install it on your Asus 6Z. Remember we are going to install a third-party ROM here and there may be some bugs present in the ROM as of now. You can check what’s working and what’s not working below. We recommend users not to flash the ROM on their primary devices.
If you are an Asus 6Z user who is looking to install this latest update of Android 10 Q, then this post will help you do that. In this post, we will be sharing with you all about Android 10 Q, its new features, and more. After that, we will be sharing with you a step-by-step guide to help you install this update within minutes.
- RIL ( Data,SMS,Calls )
- Video Playback
- SELinux is permissive
- Recovery broken
- Probably more
AOSP Android 10 Q Update On Asus Zenfone 6 Features:
- 0.1 AOSP Android 10 Q Update On Asus Zenfone 6 Features:
- 0.2 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.3 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 0.4 Pre-requirements
- 0.5 Disclaimer
- 1 Download AOSP Android 10 Q Update On Asus Zenfone 6 -Lineage OS 17
- 2 Steps To Install AOSP Android 10 Q Update On Asus Zenfone 6 (Asus 6Z) – Lineage OS 17
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 10 Q) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like AOSPEXTENDED or Lineage OS 15/16. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here >What Is Rooting Android Qhone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing a few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AOSP Oreo On Asus 6Z.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download AOSP Android 10 Q Update On Asus Zenfone 6 -Lineage OS 17
Steps To Install AOSP Android 10 Q Update On Asus Zenfone 6 (Asus 6Z) – Lineage OS 17
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.