Huawei released B185 Android Nougat update for Huawei Mate 9. This update is packed with all Android Nougat features; it is based on latest EMUI 5.0 OS. This updated included with several bug fixes and new 6x zoom option in the camera and Android security patch level of April. In this article, we will guide you how to Download and Install B185 Android Nougat on Huawei Mate 9.
The update is an Official Nougat update which rolls out in phase wise manner. You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software Update. Many users reported that they still not received the OTA update, so we are providing the Nougat OTA file for Huawei Mate 9. The update is now available in now available via OTA (Over-The-Air) and many users are already getting Android Nougat on Huawei Mate 9. If you can’t wait for OTA, you can Update Huawei Mate 9 to B185 Android Nougat manually.
Already many smartphone users are tasting the sweetness of Android Nougat with includes ZTE Axon 7, HTC 10, OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, Htc One M9, LG G5, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto G4 Plus, Huawei Mate 8, and many more devices. This sweet update is loaded with many bug fixes, Performance improvements and the pack of Android Nougat features like Multi-Window Mode, Improved Notifications, Doze, Seamless update, Vulkan API, Settings UI and much more. Below you can download and install B185 Android Nougat on Huawei Mate 9.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your Device while following this tutorial, Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is for the Huawei Mate 9.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Follow all the steps correctly or you may brick your device.
Steps to Install Huawei Mate 9 B185 Nougat Update
- Download the three zip files from above and save the file in your device.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time. As soon as your device screen goes black, immediately leave the Volume down button and swap to Volume Up button while still holding other 2 buttons. Keep the 3 buttons pressed until you get into TWRP Recovery.
- Click on “Wipe” in the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Now go back to TWRP main menu, Click on “Install” and select the first Update.zip file that you saved on your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” to begin the installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your Update.zip is successfully installed, click on “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Repeat the above press for other two zip files.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback in the comment section below.