Some great news is coming for Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro users. The device just received an unofficial TWRP recovery which made rooting possible for the device. Now Shivam Kumar Jha, a very popular Xda developer has come up with the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 build for the device. If you are interested in the ROM, follow the guide to Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Redmi Note 6 Pro based Android 8.1 Oreo.
This is the first major custom ROM which made its way to the device. The ROM is in its early development stage so there may be few issues available. I will list all the issues down below. Although it is in its beta development stage, it is stable enough to be used as a daily driver.
Lineage OS 15.1 For Redmi Note 6 Pro Features and Bugs
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features. Lineage OS is the most popular Android ROM available and it is also one of the best ROMs when it comes to support
What’s working :
RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Double tap to wake screen (DT2W)
In call loudspeaker doesn’t work
SELinux status: Permissive
You Tell me
About Redmi Note 6 Pro
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro was launched in October 2018. It comes equipped with a 6.39-inch touchscreen (1080×2340) AMOLED display with a 93.4 per cent screen-to-body ratio and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The device is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 845 CPU coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone comes with 128GB of onboard storage that cannot be expanded. There is a special edition available. The special edition comes with 10GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
The Redmi Note 6 Pro sports a dual camera setup on the back side ( a 12-megapixel with f/1.8, 1.4-micron + 12-megapixel with f/2.4, 1-micron). It also has dual front camera 24-megapixel + 2-megapixel. The device comes with a sliding mechanism for the rear camera. Users have to slide to open the back side cameras. The Redmi Note 6 Pro houses a 3850mAh non-removable battery. The device runs Android 9 Pie Out of the box at the top of Xiaomi’s MIUI 10.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Lineage OS 15.1 ROM and Source (Recommended Firmware – MIUI V10.0.5.0 )
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery (Version 3.2.1 or Higher) installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Now Return to the main menu of TWRP again and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install -> Install Zip -> select the ROM file
- Next flash the Gapps file like custom ROMs
- Last but not least, flash Magisk (optional) if you want to root (not recommended as all devices have different methods)
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 15.1 Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram