Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Wileyfox Swift | Android 8.0 Oreo: Wileyfox Swift is an affordable Android device launched last year with only the most essential features. The device is powered by 2GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 410 processor. It was launched with Android Marshmallow 6.0 on top of the popular CyanogenMod OS custom ROM. The Wileyfox Swift has now received an unofficial update to Android Oreo 8.0 via Lineage OS 15 which replaced CyanogenMod.
Android Oreo 8.0 is the latest and the fastest version of Android and it was launched last month by Google. It comes with a lot of customization options and features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. If you want to experience these features on your device, you can follow the guide below to manually Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Wileyfox Swift. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM was posted on the XDA forums by the developer addictz10 and it is stable enough to be used as a daily driver according to him. But it is not completely stable as it is still in the development phase and some features might not work properly. So, you have to wait till the official nightly builds of Lineage OS 15 to arrive to have a stable build. But you can test it out without any issue. Just follow the below instructions to Update Wileyfox Swift To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
- This guide is only for the Wileyfox Swift.
- A complete android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Wileyfox Swift > Download (Development page)
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Wileyfox Swift | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.