Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 4i | Android 8.0 Oreo: Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Mi 4i as a tuned version of the Mi 4 back in 2015. It was a mid-range device powered by Snapdragon 615 and 2GB of RAM. The device was launched with Android Lollipop 5.0.2 and Xiaomi has not announced any plans for future updates to the Mi 4i. But the Android Oreo 8.0 update is now available for the Xiaomi Mi 4i unofficially in the form of Lineage OS 15.
Lineage OS 15 is a custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.0, the latest version of Android launched last month by Google. It comes with a lot of customization options and interesting features like the picture in picture mode, lockscreen shortcuts and app notification badges. You can follow the below steps to manually Download and Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 4i. If you want to check out the features of Android Oreo 8.0. You can check out our post > List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update | Android Oreo
The ROM is developed by Shrukul and he has posted the links to the ROM on the XDA forums for Xiaomi Mi 4i. Even though the ROM comes with all the latest features and functionality of Android Oreo, some features might not work properly as it is still in the development stage. But the ROM is stable enough to be used as a daily driver. Just follow the below instructions to Update Mi 4i To Android 8.0 Oreo via Lineage OS 15.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi 4i.
- A complete Android backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- TWRP or CWM must be installed on your android device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for your device.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Android 8.0 Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 4i> Download
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On Xiaomi Mi 4i | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.