Download and Install Android Oreo 8.0 Lineage OS On Google Nexus 4: Google launched the Nexus 4, 5 years back and it was one of the major flagship devices of Google and it was a huge success back then. The Nexus 4 was manufactured by LG and it was launched with Android JellyBean 4.2.
While it was expected that the Nexus 4 will receive one major Android update, no one would have expected that it will receive 4 major software updates and it will be updated to the most recent version of Android Oreo 8.0. Even though Google forgot the Nexus 4 long back, developers have been providing updated for the device through Custom ROMs.
So, if you own a Nexus 4, then you would be happy to know that you can install Android Oreo 8.0 based LineageOS ROM on your device right now. But before proceeding with the installation process, remember that this is not an official release and the ROM is still in the development stage. So, some features or apps might not work properly on this ROM.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
Note: GApps are included in AOSP ROMs so you do not need to install them separately
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo LineageOS On Google Nexus 4
- Make sure to download all the files mentioned in the Downloads section to proceed
- After that, boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power Button. Make sure to hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see TWRP logo
- Now take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
- If you are stuck at any of the steps, feel free to comment below for help.