Here in this guide, we will provide you with the steps on How To Install Android 10 On T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro (Oxygen OS 10.0.1). Android 10 (Q) is the most recent Android version launched by Google this year in September that brings plenty of new features and customizations which was not available on 9.0 Pie.
Now, if you’re an Android lover and want to keep updated with each and every software version, it’s pretty hard to make up your mind that while other variants are receiving the latest firmware update, your device variant is on the waiting list. The same thing happens with T-Mobile and other USA-based mobile carrier variants. While OnePlus has already released Android 10 update for OnePlus 7 Pro devices officially, T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro variant users are still waiting for it. Are you one of them? Check this article.
OnePlus has a great software update record in a couple of years and the company is still maintaining that consistency. But if you’re a T-Mobile variant user then you may have to wait for the official stable update with each and every version. However, there is a way to upgrade your T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro device to the Android 10 version over Oxygen OS 10.0.1. The firmware flashing guide will do a conversion of your T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro variant to a carrier unlocked the variant. Therefore, your device will receive faster Oxygen OS updates. Check out the guide below.
Check OTA Update
If you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then you can check it manually from phone Settings > System Updates > Check for update. However, if you want to manually install the firmware update, check out the full installation guide below. But before going to the steps, download the firmware file.
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.1 OTA for OnePlus 7 Pro (T-Mobile)
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- You will require a Laptop or Desktop and a USB cable.
- Maintain a 50%-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro users.
- The OnePlus 7 Pro Bootloader should be Unlocked also.
- Make sure that you have the latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your Windows PC or Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download OnePlus 7 Pro TWRP file.
- You will also require a USB OTG Pendrive. Copy the firmware file into it.
Steps To Install Android 10 On T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro (Oxygen OS 10.0.1)
- Follow the guide above and unlock the phone bootloader at first. That’s necessary.
- Next, enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock on your device.
- Head over to the computer and create a new folder named global101.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP file into that folder and rename it to twrp.img for your ease.
- Go to the global101 folder and open the command prompt window > connect the OnePlus 7 Pro to the PC > use the following command and press enter to boot your phone into bootloader or fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Next, allow the USB Debugging on your device.
- Type the command and press enter.
fastboot getvar current-slot
- Now, you can see the active slot A or B. Then switch to inactive slot via command.
(If ‘B’ is the active slot, then type ‘A’. Or type ‘B’ if the active slot is ‘A’)
- Flash the TWRP Recovery on your T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro:
If the active slot is ‘B’, then type
fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img
If the active slot is ‘A’, then type
fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode from the Stock Recovery.
- Remove the device from the computer and connect a USB OTG Pendrive.
- As we have previously mentioned that you have to copy the downloaded firmware file into the Pendrive.
- Select Install -> Storage -> USB -> look for the ROM file and tap on it to select on the TWRP menu.
- Swipe to confirm installing the ROM on your device.
- After installation, you will need to install the ROM again in the second slot to skip the Qualcomm Crash Dump Error.
- Restart your phone.
- Tap on the non-current slot
If the current slot is ‘B’, then select Slot ‘A’ or if the current slot is ‘A’, then select slot ‘B’
- Now, install the ROM from TWRP Recovery.
- Once done, reboot the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro into the system.
- That’s it. Your T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro has now converted into a carrier unlocked OnePlus 7 Pro.
We hope this guide will be helpful to you. If you have any more queries, you can comment below.